Thursday, September 21, 2006

Absolving Myself of Responsibility

Okay, I'll just go ahead and admit it. I am over my blog. I am just not interested in posting. It feels vain in both the self-absorbed way, and in the pointless way. And I have run out of funny ways to say, 'Drank a whole bottle of wine on my own last night. Spent all day in the library listening to old men snort. Watched 6 consecutive hours of America/Britain's Next Top Model.'

But, I still like to comment on other people's blogs. So I am going to try an interactive approach, because I think that despite my incredibly controlling ways, I may actually be somewhat of a team player. Like if I was a superhero, I would need to be one of the X-Men, because if I was Batman I would just get bored and sort of stop caring about saving Gotham and just sit around Wayne Manor forcing Alfred to make me Martinis until Robin and Batgirl showed up and kicked my ass into shape.

So, in honour of the fact that I have been watching at least an hour of LivingTV every night, I present this question to you: if you were in the Fab Five (of Queer Eye), which would you be? I think I would be Ted, the food man, but I am uncertain (again, with the controlling-- the only one of them I would allow to do it all for me would be Kyan, because I just don't really *get* the whole beauty-routine thing enough to worry about letting someone who is obviously fabulously capable do it all for me). The options, for the less well-versed (who say, do other stuff than watch re-runs all evening), would be: Food and Wine; Fashion; Home Interiors; Grooming; and the useless 'Culture' man-wench, who I can't see the point for. Fab Four is also alliterative.

This way, if y'all don't comment, I can leave my blog to die in peace, but pretend that it was YOUR neglect that killed it,not mine.

5 Comments:

Blogger OrkneyDullard said...

I ain't never seen this show, but for the sake of blog solidarity I'll say I'm "useless culture man-wench".

Discuss.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Lucky Duck said...

Oooh, oooh, oooh - I too have become somewhat hooked on 'Britain's NTM'. In the new-found isolationism of my new home, I've discovered that I love shouting at the TV. "Abigail, you're so thick you think angry Black girl is smart. But she's not. Listen to her - she sounds like the Catherine Tate show".

11:56 AM  
Blogger dev said...

Ack. I am so disappointed that Abigail didn't win. I think I need to not get so personally invested in TV programmes-- I really had a tear in my eye last night.
Though that might have been because I now have nothing to filmy 9pm slot on Mondays...

8:22 AM  
Blogger Lucky Duck said...

Ok, so Abigail wasn't as quirky (anorexic) looking as Lianna but she pasted her on the catwalk and she didn't start greetin' at the drop of a hat (although dropping a hat would probably be quite serious as a model - akin to dropping a baby if you're a midwife/obstetric nurse perhaps - but you get my point).

The judges have made a huge error if they think Lianna's tears are down to 'passion'. She's about as needy and fragile as they come. A police officer? Yeah, right!

12:35 PM  
Blogger TooBlue said...

Ok, I have NO idea what you people are talking about. Some show not on my TV, I suspect.
Dev, if you posted even occasionally, we'd all post all the time (as this indicates, you have a following even for your monthly posts).
Anyway, to the question at hand. As a bona fide member o'
the Pink Team with all the five requisite skillz, this is a toughie. Carson, however, is just tiresome, and Kyan's not very s-m-r-t, and Jai is TOTALLY useless. That leaves Ted (food) and Thom (design). Ted is a bit too quiet, as I thoroughly enjoy ringleadering. Though this usually goes to the showboating Carson or Kyan, I prefer to be Thom. Particularly since, while I can cook circles around yo moms, I am equally famous as the "Furniture Whisperer."
The obvious extension here is what do we think other people are. I'm kind of agreeing with you on Tom, though you have your Carson moments... what say the peanut gallery?

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home