Thursday, November 03, 2005

In case you were wondering...

It is unlikely that I am ever, ever going to sound like Hunter S. Thompson on this blog. Or anywhere else.

This is in response to Josh's comment, and I just wanted to clarify this for you. If you came here looking to hear about some party where I was tripping and I totally was being attacked by bats that were sponsored by a tabacco company and then I had an existential crisis? I am terribly sorry, but you are in the wrong place. Any tripping I discuss will almost always be traced back to wearing very high shoes, bats will only be mentioned because I like the stuffed ones they have in John Lewis right now, tobacco companies probably won't come up much, though I am not a fan. But I don't blame them. I blame smokers, because its called supply and demand, bitches. If you want to suck on a cancer stick, someone is going to sell it to you. And if I actually was having any proper crisis I probably wouldn't write about it on the internet. That's why you get to hear about hangovers, my annoyance at other people for making poor under-garment choices, and pie.

Embrace the pie. Go elsewhere for the self-consciously cool shit, because that just isn't my bag.

2 Comments:

Blogger TooBlue said...

It's "tobacco," dear... at least on this side of the pond where it's all grown. And if not Thompson or Lawson, then who?

10:17 PM  
Blogger dev said...

Ah, yes. It still mostly looks right to me, but I think that might be because I always indulge in Tabasco-flavoured tobacco, hence tabacco... Eh. It still loks weird. I am just going to call it chaw.

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home